|SimXACT and XOPT are advanced formal applications designed to diagnose X propagation issues common in design verification.
SimXACT and XOPT provide comprehensive solutions to effectively address the inherent limitations of handling non-determinism associated with X values in logic simulation which may render simulation results that do not match actual hardware operation.
These X design bugs result in extra debug and analysis time or worse, if not caught prior to tape-out, non-functioning chips.
Avery’s X verification solution uses unique hybrid formal methods to accurately analyze X propagations using real simulation tests
- Run gate-level simulations free of X pessimism issues
- Automatically generate force/deposits for data and gated clocks
- Diagnose occurrences of X optimism in RTL simulations warning of potential non-deterministic sequential behaviors
- Perform sequential X propagation forward and backward tracing to enhance debug
- Accurately analyze and report X states during hardware reset and power transition sequences
- Generate list of non-resettable registers for safe deposit at time zero
- Utilize plug’n’play setup
- Analysis scales to designs of 100Ms gates